The need for a complimentary private sector financing resource inspired the Allegheny Conference on Community Development to create the Strategic Investment Fund. The Fund's original $40.3 million pool of private capital was created in 1996 to fill financing gaps in critical economic development projects throughout the region. Thirty-three corporations, foundations and individuals helped to capitalize the initial fund. A Second Fund was closed in 2002 with capitalization of $29.7 million provided by 27 Investors, 20 of whom are repeat investors from the original Fund.
Board of Directors
- Chairman, Sylvan M. Holzer, President, Pittsburgh Region, PNC Bank N.A.
- John A. Barbour, CEO and Managing Director, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Helen Hanna Casey, President, Residential Sales, Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
- Steven J. Guy, Chief Executive Officer, Oxford Development Company
- Gretchen R. Haggerty, Retired Executive Vice President, Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, United States Steel Corporation
- William E. Hunt, President and Chief Executive Officer, Elmhurst Group
- Eric C. Johnson, Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, The Hillman Company
- David J. Malone, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gateway Financial Group, Inc.
- David Morehouse, Chief Executive Officer, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Grant Oliphant, President, The Heinz Endowments
- Dan Onorato, Executive Vice President, Chief External Affairs & Communications Officer, Highmark, Inc.
- Laurel Randi, Executive Director, McCune Foundation
- Dennis Yablonsky, Chief Executive Officer, Allegheny Conference on Community Development
Investment Advisory Committee
- Joseph L. Calihan, President, Calihan Family Foundation
- Dwight M. Keating, Vice President, Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation
- James W. Keating, Jr., Retired Senior Vice President, Pittsburgh Team Leader, Commercial Real Estate, First Niagara Financial Group
- Heather H. Tillman, Executive Assistant, Strategic Investment Fund, Inc.